THE BEST IMPLANTS FOR YOUR LIFESTYLE
Breast implants can suit any lifestyle. Whether you’re active or sedentary, we’ll help you find your perfect fit. Call us to schedule your consultation with Dr. Beale, one of Austin’s top plastic surgeons, to discover the best implants for your lifestyle.
BREAST IMPLANT OPTIONS EXPLAINED
Breast implants are designed to work with women of every shape and size. As we choose the best implants for your breast augmentation, we’ll explore several different options. Dr. Beale will explain the pros and cons of each available option:
- Type– The primary types of breast implants are saline, silicone, and cohesive silicone gel (gummy bear). Dr. Beale has achieved stunning results using all three implant types. Saline implants are FDA approved for use on younger women (18+) and are easier to remove. Silicone implants have a very natural feel, even outside of the breast. Saline implants are less expensive than silicone. Gummy bear implants hold their shape very well over time and are highly unlikely to leak into the breasts. As you can see, there are many variables to consider as you choose implant type. The good news is, saline or silicone, you’re going to love your new breasts!
- Size- You see women with breast implants every single day, but most of the time, you probably don’t even notice their enhancements. Many people assume that implants are always large and showy, but much of the time they provide subtle, natural-looking breast enhancement. If you want natural-looking results, choose a smaller implant. Implant sizes are measured in CCs, short for cubic centimeter. The smallest implants start at 80-100 CCs and increase in size from there.
- Projection– The projection of a breast implant determines how far it will project, or stick out, from the chest. By adjusting size and projection, we can create each patient’s ideal breast shape. Typically, lower profile implants offer a more natural shape, and higher projection implants provide a more dramatic transformation.
- Shape- Implants come in two primary shapes: round and teardrop. Round implants create a soft, rounded breast appearance. Teardrop implants are most often made of cohesive gel to ensure they hold their shape. Some believe they create a more natural breast shape. The shape of your implant will affect your final results.
- Texture– Some implants have a smooth outer coating. This allows the implant to move around the breast pocket. Other implants, especially teardrop shaped ones, have a textured outer coating. This helps hold the implant in place and minimizes the risk of rotation.
- Placement- In addition to finding the right size, shape, and type of implant, we’ll need to talk about implant placement. Breast implants are typically placed over or under the pectoral muscle. Lifestyle can influence placement, especially for women that are very physically active or who participate in weight lifting.
There are a lot of options available, but remember, you have a skilled plastic surgeon to help you decide. Dr. Beale loves working with breast augmentation patients to create breasts that complement their bodies and their lifestyle.
Learn more about your options for breast augmentation in Austin, TX by calling our office and scheduling a consultation with Dr. Evan Beale.