REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS: WHAT A BREAST LIFT CAN AND CAN’T DO
When you’re unhappy with the appearance of your breasts, it can be difficult to feel sexy and feminine, both in and out of clothing. What’s the solution? Many of our patients choose breast surgery to feel confident and comfortable with their breasts again. A breast lift is a popular choice for women looking to restore youthful breasts after weight loss, pregnancy, or aging. Learn what this procedure can and can’t do for your body. After reading, if a breast lift sounds like a good fit for you, call our offices and schedule your personalized consultation with Dr. Beale, Dallas plastic surgeon.
WHAT IS A BREAST LIFT?
Aging, sagging breasts got you down? A breast lift is a procedure designed to lift and rejuvenate breasts. We use specially designed incisions to remove and tighten skin, reposition breast tissues, and lift the breasts to a higher position on the chest. By reforming the breast mound, we can lift downward pointing nipples, refresh breast position, and enhance your appearance.
A breast lift can restore a more youthful breast appearance, but it does not dramatically increase breast size. Your breasts will be similarly sized to your natural breasts after breast lift surgery.
WHAT A BREAST LIFT CAN AND CAN’T DO FOR YOU
Transform your breasts with a breast lift. By knowing what this procedure can and cannot do, you can set realistic expectations so you’re happy with your results at the end of the procedure.
- A breast lift CAN reshape and reposition the breast tissues.
- A breast lift CAN’T increase breast size.
- A breast lift CAN rejuvenate and revitalize breast appearance.
- A breast lift CAN treat breast sagging (ptosis).
- A breast lift CAN restore the breasts after pregnancy and weight loss.
- A breast lift CAN reposition nipples that are pointing down.
There are many things a breast lift can do for you. In general, choose this procedure if you want to lift and rejuvenate your breasts. Since a breast lift cannot dramatically change breast size, pair this procedure with breast augmentation or breast reduction if you want to substantially modify the size of your breasts.
BREAST AUGMENTATION OR BREAST REDUCTION- DO I NEED TO PAIR MY BREAST LIFT WITH ANOTHER PROCEDURE?
A breast lift’s primary goal is to lift and reshape the breasts. It is an ideal choice if you want to improve breast shape and appearance and are already happy with your breast size. For size changes, you’ll need to pair your breast lift with a complementary procedure like breast augmentation or breast reduction. Do you need to pair your lift with another procedure?
- Breast Augmentation- Combine your breast lift with breast augmentation, or breast implants, if you want to increase your breast size. During breast augmentation a saline or silicone implant is placed into the breast, increasing breast size. Implants can increase your cup size by a little or a lot, depending on your goals for the procedure.
- Breast Reduction- Are your breasts too heavy and large? Oversized breasts can be cumbersome and uncomfortable. The solution is breast reduction. A breast lift and breast reduction combination can rejuvenate and lift the breasts while decreasing their overall size. Increase your comfort by decreasing your breast size.
If you love the size of your breasts, but wish they were less saggy, choose a breast lift alone. If you want to rejuvenate your breasts and increase size, opt for a breast lift with breast augmentation. To decrease breast size and address breast sagging, consider a breast lift and breast reduction combination.
GET YOUR BODY BACK AFTER PREGNANCY- UPGRADE YOUR BREAST LIFT TO A MOMMY MAKEOVER
Many of our breast lift patients are mothers that are unhappy with their post-pregnancy bodies. Pregnancy and breastfeeding have left their breasts saggy and deflated. A breast lift will address post-pregnancy breast changes, but pregnancy changes much more than just the breasts. If you want to restore your body after baby, you may want to consider a mommy makeover.
A mommy makeover can help you get your body back after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. It combines procedures like breast lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction to address common post-pregnancy complaints like stretch marks, saggy breasts, loose skin, abdominal muscle separation, and unwanted fat. If pregnancy has changed your appearance, come see us to get your body back.
Is a breast lift the right procedure for you? Now that you know what a breast lift can and cannot do, call our offices to schedule your consultation with Dr. Beale. We’ll help you find the right procedure, or combination of treatments, to address your aesthetic concerns.